The emerald cut isn’t reserved for only the verdant gem; this clarity-flaunting cut has been a diamond’s choice form since the 1940s. And an emerald-cut diamond’s BFF? Pavé, of course!
The popularity of emerald engagement rings is rising as style-savvy ring shoppers draw inspiration from the glamour of days past. This retro, stepped shape displays a striking “hall of mirrors” effect that gives emerald-cut diamond engagement rings a truly unique shine.
Emerald-cut diamonds can rock any setting, and pavé is top of the list. A pavé setting’s small, round sparklers peerlessly complement an emerald-cut diamond’s rectangular shape.
Emerald-Cut Diamond FYI:
- An emerald-cut diamond’s limited facets tend to reveal inclusions, making it the perfect cut for flaunting a diamond’s clarity.
- Emerald-cut diamonds reveal color more easily than other shapes do, so choose a high color grade if you’re setting your diamond in white metal. However, setting a “warmer” diamond in yellow or rose gold will make the diamond appear more colorless.
- An emerald-cut diamond’s length creates the optical illusion of elegantly “elongating” the wearer’s fingers.
Keep scrolling to see our customers’ picks for their favorite emerald-cut diamond pavé engagement rings:
“This ring is absolutely gorgeous. It is perfect and elegant for small hands.”
– Kent P.
“There are pavé rings, and then there is this ring. This is a pavé with a twist!”
– Carl L.
“My now-fiancé absolutely loved her ring, and cannot stop looking at it!!! Everyone who sees her ring says it’s stunning and that I knocked it out of the park.”
– Lance B.
“The delicate, low profile setting was a perfect choice for my fiancée’s active lifestyle. The simple but sparkly band compliments the diamond, making it the star of the show.”
– Gregg J.
“My now-fiancée has had loads of compliments on the ring already! The setting sparkles beautifully in the light and the twisted band is beautifully intricate.”
– Joe B.
“This ring has this incredible vintage feel to it. It has an old kind of glamor that is exactly my taste and is still edgy in its own way.”
– Juliana J.
“In person, this setting is BREATHTAKING. The falling edge is such a unique and quaint detail, and even the underneath has a little flare!”
– Matthew P.
Curious about differently-cut diamond engagement rings? Keep reading!
- A cut above the rest: cushion-cut diamonds
- Perfectly peerless: pear-shaped diamonds
- The most romantic shape: heart-shaped diamonds
- The best thing since sliced bread: baguette-cut diamonds
Shout out your style with this pin:
Subscribe to our email list for access to secret sales, practical ring-buying tips, and $100 off your first purchase!