In honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, we decided to take the opportunity to celebrate women and their achievements. At James Allen, we’re proud of our fierce female employees.
“Use your feminine instincts in your career – they’re a huge advantage that your male colleagues don’t have.”
• Ensures that James Allen uses the most cutting edge technologies in order to give customers the best experience.
• Is amazed by programming, and how much easier the internet has made our lives
• Has always been attracted to the power of software
• Loves having the opportunity to design and implement new products and features
Woman who inspired her: “As a developer, I must say that it’s Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, the first computer programmer.”
Career advice for young women: “Use your feminine instincts in your career – they’re a huge advantage that your male colleagues don’t have.”
“Continue to look for new ways to learn! It is vital to keep yourself in a position of enlightenment, because you grow and remain engaged in and excited about your work.”
• Works daily with the Quality Control team to ensure stones are verified and finished pieces are created by our jewelers to meet James Allen quality standards.
• Meets personally with clients in our newly established Fifth Avenue NYC Showroom to assist in diamond and setting selection or to facilitate repair and warranty services
• Enjoys working with James Allen COO and Co-Founder, Dean Lederman, in our private sales division, which also entails diamond concierge and jewelry design services
• Jumped at the chance to work at James Allen because e-commerce is fast becoming an emerging concept in the Jewelry world
Woman who inspired her: “As I’ve matured, I realize my mother never ceases to amaze and inspire me! She is one of the smartest women I know, always researching, attending seminars and trying new things. She received her MBA and worked for years in finance, but after raising me and my two sisters, she went back to school for her Private Investigator license and recently started her own practice. I am in awe of all of the things she’s accomplished, yet she still makes the time for herself to continue her own life and education.”
Career advice for young women: “Continue to look for new ways to learn! An education is something that no one can take away from you. It is vital to keep yourself in a position of enlightenment, because you grow and remain engaged in and excited about your work.”
“Be open to every opportunity; often the least intuitive career-building choices take you the furthest.”
• Responsible for all aspects of marketing at JamesAllen.com
• Loves finding new ways to hit the radar of young couples who have found love and are now looking for their ideal jewelry to show it
Women who inspired her: “My mother who taught me you can have a chance to do it all, just not all at once, and my daughters who inspire me daily with their powers of negotiation.”
Career advice for young women: “Be open to every opportunity; often the least intuitive career choices take you the furthest.”
“You have gifts that may seem stereotypical but are also unique. Love who you are and use all of your gifts!”
• Responsible for creating and develop the systems, procedures and talent behind the dreams of the James Allen Customer Service operation
• Watching something grow and positively impacting individuals brings a smile to her face every time she walks into the office
• Followed the love of her life (President and co-founder of JamesAllen.com James Allen Schultz) in the venture of opening a diamond company
Women who inspired her: “I believe that inspiration comes from everywhere, every day, but the foundation from which I grew is the most important part of who I am. My very large family consists of all types of women, from the very simple to the highly educated. All of them, however, have the kind-heart and determination that turned difficult long days providing for a family, into days of happy childhood memories and laughter.”
Career advice for young women: “You have gifts that may seem stereotypical but are also unique; intuition and emotional awareness can be used with logic, analytics, determination, and strength to create an incredible advantage in business and personal goals. Love who you are and use all of your gifts!”
“Always aspire to learn new things. Fulfill yourself as a person and don’t define yourself solely by those around you.”
• Manages the software development activities at James Allen
• Loves the teamwork involved in creating something new every day
• Enjoys working on a product which is based on the beauty in life
• Her diamantaire family roots and desire for creativity, aesthetics and perfection brought her to this career path – was educated in law, but wanted something different
Woman who inspired her: “My grandmother – she was Superwoman to me. I was always amazed how she could do everything, in each aspect of life, whether it be home, work, friends… She was a very helpful and social person. I always thought that if she was able to do all of those things back then, I could do even more today.”
Career advice for young women: “Don’t doubt your abilities. Always aspire to learn new things, new technologies, and new environments. Despite the fact that women are the only ones who can give birth, it’s not necessarily their main goal in this world – Fulfill yourself as a person and don’t define yourself solely by those around you; independence is key.”
“Never be afraid of obstacles that pop up along the way; these are a sure way to help you learn and grow. Work hard, don’t give up on your dreams and most of all, do what you love!”
• Works hand-in-hand with training, development and growth of the James Allen Customer Service staff
• Enjoys working with each member of the Customer Service team and watching them grow individually and as a team
• Before joining the James Allen team, worked in real estate to help find their dream homes; now helps people find their dream rings
• Loves assisting clients during very special times in their lives – proposals, weddings and anniversaries
Women who inspired her: “Many women have inspired me over the years for many different reasons.
My Aunt Daisy has been a great inspiration to me for her sheer determination, energy and her fullness of life. She is, without a doubt, the hardest working woman whom I have ever known. Although she didn’t have a college education, she enjoyed and loved her job, even walking a couple of miles most days to get there. She was seriously injured recently when she was hit by a motorcycle while walking, however, she has not lost her determination or love for life.
My three daughters are also a great inspiration to me. I have watched my daughters grow into amazing young women, from traveling the world to giving back to their community and inspiring other young adults and children by volunteering. Witnessing these young women setting and reaching so many goals in such a short time has been a great inspiration to me to never be afraid to go after what you want.”
Career advice for young women: “Never be afraid of obstacles that pop up along the way, these are a sure way to help you learn and grow. While you may have a particular career path in mind, don’t be afraid to try new things when the opportunity presents itself; you never know where it may lead you. Work hard, don’t give up on your dreams and most of all, do what you love!”
Which women have inspired you this International Women’s Day? Tell us in the comments!