Platinum engagement rings are known for their beauty and durability.
Platinum is a rare, valuable metal chosen for engagement rings by stars like Reese Witherspoon, America Ferrera, and Katherine Heigl. If they’re within your budget and you love their silvery hue, platinum engagement rings are a sturdy and gorgeous option.
Ready to choose pretty in platinum?
SHOP PLATINUM ENGAGEMENT RINGS
Benefits of Platinum Engagement Rings
1. Platinum’s rich, even color and sheen magnify the brilliance of diamonds, making it a popular choice for engagement ring settings.
Comfort Fit Solitaire Engagement Ring
2. With a 90-95% purity grade, platinum jewelry is an ideal hypoallergenic choice for people with metal or contact allergies.
Petite Pavé Flush Fit Engagement Ring
3. Platinum can withstand a lot of stress — more so than other precious metals. This strength also holds diamonds more securely.
Falling Edge Halo Engagement Ring
4. A naturally white metal, platinum retains its white luster without major maintenance. Unlike white gold which is mixed with alloys and begins to yellow over time, platinum jewelry never needs to be re-plated.
Bow Tie Channel-Set Engagement Ring
5. Platinum does not corrode, tarnish or rust, so it can be counted on to provide lasting beauty.
Pavé Set Four-Prong Engagement Ring
Enduring Platinum Engagement Rings
Danhov Abbraccio Swirl Engagement Ring
This delicate pavè swirl is backed by the strength of platinum, perfect for a woman who is both caring and strong.
Princess Channel-Set Engagement Ring
Silvery hues in this ring’s metal highlight the sleek sparkle of its channel-set princess diamonds.
Vintage Marquise Sapphire Engagement Ring
Go for a splash of gorgeous blue sapphire gemstones with this unique, antique-style ring.
Jeff Cooper Lisa Halo Engagement Ring
A halo and intricate twisted pavé make this designer handcrafted ring sparkle from all angles.
Contoured Twist Tension Engagement Ring
A bold tension setting is the perfect match for the durability of platinum, ensuring that the diamond stays firmly in place.
Time to design your own platinum engagement ring! Get started.
Read on about white gold and yellow gold engagement rings, and check out our engagement ring style series for more expert ring info!
Obsessed with one (or more) of the rings from this post? Let us know in the comments below, or on our social channels: Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, or Twitter.
Pin this image to save your platinum ring love:
Subscribe to our email list for access to secret sales, practical ring-buying tips, and $100 off your first purchase!